We've taken a delicious fried rice recipe and made it low-carb, substituting cauliflower rice and air-fired tofu with an almond breading. It's filling and delicious.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 8 Minutes
Total Time: 23 Minutes
- 4 oz. extra firm tofu cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup fine almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp. Just Egg or other liquid egg replacer
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 pkg. steam-in-bag riced cauliflower - cooked
- 1 Just Egg folded patty, cooked, chopped
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos or soy sauce
- green onion for garnish
- Set up breading station for tofu. Pour liquid Just Egg into bowl.
- Onto a shallow dish, combine almond flour, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast.
- Dip tofu cubes in egg and then in breading, to coat.
- Air fry cubes for about 10 minutes, turning once. Alternatively, bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat sesame oil. Saute onion in oil until translucent.
- Add riced cauliflower, stir and cook for about a minute.
- Stir in tofu cubes and folded Just Egg.
- Add aminos or soy sauce, combine.
- Serve, and garnish with chopped green onion.
This recipe has been written by Lisa Torch. Find out more about her blog here.
Author: Lisa Torch - The Goofy Blonde Chef